RECIPES FOR VALENTINE: Conversation Hearts Brownies

Menu Atas

Recent Posts

frame

IKLAN RENPONSIF

IKLAN 336x280

RECIPES FOR VALENTINE: Conversation Hearts Brownies

Minggu, 10 Februari 2019

Ok, I promise this is my last conversation hearts recipe!

For those of you who are just tuning in, I went a little candy-crazy last week with this conversation heart Strawberries and Cream Cake and Valentine’s Popcorn.  But in my defense, I’m a big fan of using up leftover food.  And when I began making these brownies for my book club on Friday night, I couldn’t resist sprinkling on a few of the remaining conversation hearts I still had.  So behold, I present to you…conversation heart brownies!

If you are looking for a last-minute Valentine’s recipe, I guarantee that everyone will love these.  I even made a second batch of these this weekend to share with some more friends, and was amused at how people seemed to equally enjoy reading as much as eating these chocolatey treats!  Although my joke about how they should be called colorful-ies (since they’re no longer just brown-ies…get it?) earned a few rolled eyes.  I think I have my dad’s sense of humor.  ;)


These Conversation Heart Brownies were a last minute idea for a Valentine’s Day party my daughter got invited to.  I wanted something that was (relatively) easy, fun and screamed Valentine’s Day.  These Valentine’s themed Brownies fit the bill.  I will say, when I do them again, I will probably use a chocolate sheet cake.  The brownies were delicious but because of the nature of brownies (burnt edges) it really cut down on how many I could cut out.

I’m sharing the recipe for these conversation heart brownies today over at my good friend Cassie’s blog as she finishes moving into her new home.  So pop over to take a look, and also be sure to check out all of the other amazing recipes she has to share.  She will bake your day!

INGREDIENTS:

  • A pan of Brownies or a Chocolate Sheet Cake
  • Best Buttercream Frosting
  • Wilton Color Right Food Coloring – Pink
  • Wilton Color Right Food Coloring – Red
  • Wilton Color Right Food Coloring – Blue
  • Wilton Color Right Food Coloring – Yellow
  • Decorating Bag
  • Heart Cookie Cutter

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Make a pan of brownies.
  2. Allow them to cool.
  3. Make a batch of our The Best Buttercream Frosting.
  4. Split the single batch of frosting into five equal portions.  We colored our frosting green, yellow, purple and pink to frost the brownie hearts. The fifth portion we colored red to add the “conversation” sayings.
  5. Use your heart cookie cutter to cut out as many heart shaped brownies as you can from your pan of brownies.
  6. Use a knife to spread on some of your tinted buttercream frosting onto the Conversation Heart Brownies.
  7. Finally, pipe on your Conversation Heart sayings with the Red buttercream.